York Races 2018
Posted on 2nd May 2018 at 17:53
With the arrival of (a very late) spring, it’s time to think about the racing season at York. There’s no better location for putting on the gladrags and cracking open a bottle of chilled bubbly!
The racing season at the Knavesmire begins with the Dante Festival from Wednesday 16th May. This popular event in includes the Betfred Dante on Thursday 17th May and concludes with the Yorkshire Cup on Friday 18th May.
As this is the first race event ‘outing’ at York, there’ll be a buzz in the air and fresh grass for the horses to stretch out their legs and cover the furlongs.
However, the Dante Festival is the first of many ‘meets’ of the social season.
There are dates throughout the summer ...
• Saturday 26th May - Al Basti Equiworld Dubai Bronte Cup
• Friday 15th June - Mr Green’s Gentleman’s Day
• Saturday 16th June - Macmillan Charity Race Day
• Saturday 30th June - Sunset Jump Jockeys Nunthorpe
• Friday 13th July - John Smith’s Meeting: Summer Stakes
• Saturday 14th July - 59th John Smith’s Cup
• Friday 27th July - EBF Lyric Stakes
• Saturday 28th July - Sky Bet York Stakes
• Wednesday 22nd to Saturday 25th August - Welcome to Yorkshire Ebor Festival, including: Juddmonte International (22nd); Darley Yorkshire Oaks and Ladies Day (23rd); Coolmore Nunthorpe (24th) and Sky Bet Ebor (25th)
• Sunday 9th September - The Press Family Race Day
• Friday 12th - Countryside Raceday
• Saturday 13th October - Coral Sprint Trophy
As well as the excitement of ‘a day at the races’, the Knavesmire hosts some of the top names in the music industry. For 2018, pin back your ears for:
Saturday 30th July - Paloma Faith
Friday 27th July - Tom Jones
Saturday 28th July - Boyzone
As you probably know, the Knavesmire is not the easiest place to get to by public transport, particularly if you happen to be wearing high heels!
So if you’re going with friends or family, why not book a taxi to and from the venue and arrive in style and looking your best? And we can also pick up and get you home safe and sound once you’ve had that last canapé or drink of fizz.
Tagged as: York Races 2018
Share this post: